Friday, November 02, 2012

fab 5

Hey fabulous people! Did you miss me?

I spent the last week and a half frantically getting my Halloween costume finished (I was a Barbie in a Box... Pictures will be up soon!!!) and then preparing for the Halloween party I had at my place!

But now I'm back, here's the 5 Fabest things of my week... Enjoy :)
 Adorable pumpkin I made for less then $2 from a Dollar Store pumpkin, Toile du Joie scrapbook paper I tore into pieces, Mod Podge and sparkles!

Divine Butternut Squash Soup
yum yum yum.

It was soooo easy to make:
2lb butternut squash, peeled & cut
butter/olive oil
1+ leek
garlic cloves
4+ cups of chicken broth
carrots
1 can of applesauce
1/3 stick of cream cheese, cubed
salt, pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper all to taste
 
1.)  Just melt cook the leeks and garlic in the butter/olive oil til soft.
2.)  Add the squash, carrots, chicken broth & seasonings of your choosing.
3.)  Cook until the veggies are soft (20ish minutes).
4.)  I then put most of the mixture into a food processor, but I think you can get away with just using a potato masher.
5.)  Return to pot and reheat with the applesauce and cream cheese. Stir til its well blended. 
6.)  Savor every bite along with some French bread!

Vintage hat I couldn't live without! Just about died when I noticed the name "Katherine" hand stitched inside.

Our blog at Jigsaw, Dress Me In Jigsaw! It's a fabulous place to spend a few minutes learning what's new in fashion and getting inspired!

Little Black Jack, my families new puppy! Is he cute, or what?

Have a Fab weekend!
 
 Fashionably Yours,
Chelsie

No comments:

Post a Comment