Tuesday, June 05, 2012

topped with a bow





It might have been a rainy day in the Northwest, but I didn't let that stop me from dressing springy, it is June after all! 
If you know me well enough then you know my love for bows... I've wanted to do one with my hair since I'd seen it done on Project Runway years ago, but my hair was always too short. My friend Ally had her hair done like this recently and it re-sparked my fascination with this 'do'. So happy my hair is finally long enough to do it!

So easy to do this hair bow yourself: 
1 Pull your hair into a high pony with a small elastic
2 Wrap elastic with hair to hide it, pin
3 Separate a small portion of hair in the front
4 Then part the rest of your hair into two portions
5 Take one portion of hair, curve it into a "bow loop" and pin in the back
6 Repeat on other side (you may need to tease hair for more body)
7 You may need to pin "bow loops" from the front also to keep them in place
8 Bring middle portion of hair back and weave under the loop twice to get the "bow knot" 
9 Pin "bow knot" in place
10 Hairspray to your hearts content & you're good to go!

**I think this would be really cute off centered, think Hello Kitty, or a smaller version like a headband...

Fashionably Yours,
Chelsie



No comments:

Post a Comment