Monday, October 01, 2012

vegematic

(Leota peplum dress ($144), Charlene K cuff, Dana earrings, mixture of bracelets and ring all from Jigsaw. Nine West Brasil heels, old quilted clutch.)


One of my favorite things about fashion is the creative transformation of making something my own.
My boss says I'm the "Vegematic Queen of Clothes" for that very reason!

A few weeks ago I told you about how I transformed a long sleeve dress into a halter without permanently altering the garment.

Today I'm gonna break it down for you...

DIY: Long Sleeve To Halter
(in about a minute)
 Take anything long sleeve that's made from a maluable fabric and has a big enough neckline to fit your body through.
I wore my new sueded Leota peplum dress ($144) from Jigsaw which is avalible in this yummy teal and chocolate.

 Now take your arms out of the dress like your wearing it as a tube top...

Once both arms are out, take the sleeves and twist them.

 
I twisted the sleeves in, towards the body, to get this look. You can twist them the opposite way to though.

 Tie the sleeves together at the nape of your neck...


Voilà! Now you've got two dresses in one.

 Or three with this one sleeve look! Just twist one sleeve and...

 pin it across your back to the other sleeve. Either use a broach or a hidden safety pin!

Hope this inspires you to live fashionably!

Fashionably Yours,
Chelsie
p.s. I'd love to see your finished look. Post photos in the comment box, Pretty Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment