Monday, July 23, 2012

Fashion Inspiration: Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina


As you know, I've been on an Audrey Hepburn kick as of late. While reading the chapter on timeless Audrey Hepburn style in 'What Would Audrey Do?' I read about her first meeting with Hubert de Givenchy ( he thought he'd be working with Katherine Hepburn), the three outfits that transformed fashion of the 1950's (and beyond for that matter) and their lifetime friendship/fashion collaboration.

Of course I wanted to take a more detailed look at those three famous outfits she picked out for the 1954 film 'Sabrina' which were Givenchy's Spring/Summer collection from the previous season!

Here's what I found surfing the net...

The "Glen Cove Suit" she wore at the Glen Cove train station arriving in Paris, when traveling was still chic. Can you believe that waist? Love the classic, white turban.

 The "Inez de Castro" white ball gown. The cut of this dress is absolutely impeccable. I love that she still shows a little leg in this ballgown!

And lastly  "the Date Dress" which she wore on her date with Humphrey Bogarts character. This dress is sweet and demure, but also has an understated sexiness to it. 

Can I please mimic these outfit, like yesterday? 

"I have more sex appeal on the tip of my nose then many women have in their entire bodies. It doesn't stand out a mile, but it is there." -Audrey Hepburn

Fashionably Yours,
Chelsie

No comments:

Post a Comment